Keeping your information secure from criminals is a top priority for our firm. To better protect you and your accounts from cybersecurity threats, we continuously review security procedures to ensure that we are following best practices recommended by the custodians, financial institutions, and industry experts with whom we work.
While we feel we are taking clear and actionable steps in our own firm’s security measures, cyber fraud continues to escalate, is becoming more sophisticated, and is ever changing. These threats take various forms, including email scams (e.g. phishing), where criminals obtain investors’ identity and use that information to commit various forms of wire fraud. The intent of this supplement is to describe these phishing scams and other tactics of which investors should be aware.
As a fiduciary to your financial accounts, we are encouraging our clients to embrace a series of measures to help protect their identity and mitigate potential security risks. Our Cyber Security Checklist outlines some best practices for investors across six key areas to help you:
- Manage your devices
- Protect all passwords
- Surf the Web safely
- Protect information on social networks
- Protect your email accounts
- Safeguard your financial accounts
Please download our Cyber Security Checklist and carefully review it with all members of your household.
We also ask that you do the following:
- If you change a current address, notify us so that we can update our records.
- If you suspect that your email account has been compromised, call us immediately.
- If you suspect that your Fidelity account has been compromised, call us immediately. If it’s after business hours, call us and call 1-800-FIDELITY and ask for the Customer Protection Team to inform them of suspicious account activity.
Do not hesitate to contact us with questions or concerns about how we protect your accounts or the steps you and your family can take to better protect yourselves and mitigate risk.