Tax Changes and planning under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
Date(s) - December 05, 2018
10:00 am - 11:30 am
High Falls Advisors
In late 2017, Congress passed one of the most sweeping changes to the tax law in over 3 decades. This seminar will focus on the changes to the individual provisions, particularly the tax brackets, itemized deductions, standard deduction and other credits and deductions affecting the individual taxpayer. We will discuss some of the planning opportunities we see under the new law and help clarify some of the questions that many of our clients have been asking such as:
- Will I be able to itemize?
- Is there any benefit to giving to Charity?
- Why am I receiving more money in my paycheck and should I be concerned come tax time?
- Do I need a professional preparing my tax under the new tax law?
- Is NYS following the same laws as the federal?
There will also be a brief conversation about some of the new provisions affecting small businesses (sole proprietors, LLCs, S-Corps, Partnerships) as it relates to reporting this income on individual returns.
* indicates a required field.
Bookings are closed for this event.